Graduate-student and postdoctoral positions are available.
Ph.D. candidates and Postdoctoral researchers are needed. The research will focus on the modeling and simulation of quantum materials for next-generation electronic or spintronic devices. In particular, the research will explore the fundamental principles of computational quantum geometry, the transport of electrons and spins, and the application of artificial intelligence in physics studies. See Research for more details.
Prospective Ph.D. students are expected to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physics, or Electrical (and Computer) Engineering, or Materials Science & Engineering, or any other related interdisciplinary programs. Postdoctoral researchers of any related field are welcome.
Some favorable skills are:
- Seasoned experience with at least one programming language such as C, C++, Python or MATLAB.
- Experience in working and/or development using remote supercomputer servers running Linux.
- Interest in parallel computation methods using PC clusters and/or GPUs.
- Enjoy the art of coding and math derivation. Experience with Mathematica is a plus.
- Adaptable and fast learners for new programming languages and simulation tools.
- Good communication skills including speaking and writing.
Interested candidates should send a brief self-introduction and an attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.